Do you tofu?
Seems it’s one of those things that people either love or hate. Haters seem to conjure up images of an unattractive white spongey blob with little or no flavor. Actually tofu is versatile, high in protein and it has a good nutritional profile. It’s a good meat substitute; but like most foods, the results depend on the preparation. Simply slicing a bit of tofu and serving isn’t very appealing. However if you marinate (add flavor) and include in a tasty recipe, it’s transformed.
For most recipes, I begin by weighting the block of tofu to remove excess water.
- place tofu block on a flat surface like a pie pan or plate
- cover with parchment or saran wrap
- set a weight on top (canned beans or anything handy in the kitchen)
- place in refrigerator and just leave for about 30 minutes or overnight
- remove , drain excess water, continue per instructions
Try it, you’ll like it!