Sweet Potato Soup
Do you know how nutritious sweet potatoes are?
Try them in this tasty, easy soup which will add a lot of nutrition to your diet (plus it’s filling and it freezes pretty well too).
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 1 medium/large sweet onion
- 3-5 carrots
- 3-4 stalks celery
- 1 to 1-1/2 quarts of that tasty homemade chicken stock that you have on hand (or use vegetable broth if your vegetarian).
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder (optional, use your favorite kind and more if you like it more)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Rough chop the vegetables (the size and uniformity doesn’t really matter since you’re going to puree it anyway)
- Set soup pot on medium/high heat. When it is hot, add about 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the celery and onion until it starts to soften and release aromas.
- Pour everything else into the pot, reduce heat to simmer, cover, cook for about 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness, potatoes should be very tender.
- Allow to cool, puree in processor, blender or juicer until creamy. If it’s too thick, add a little more stock.