Sundried Tomato Pesto
Easy, tasty, nutritious.
If you like sundried tomatoes, you really should keep some of this in your refrigerator as a staple. It’s tasty on pasta (we use brown rice penne), on top of roasted vegetables, in fritatta…lots of potential uses.
- 1-1/4 cups walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups sundried tomatoes, in oil
- 1 small bunch fresh basil (or more or less, how much basil do you like? add another herb is you like…parsley, some fresh thyme, oregano or marjoram would be nice, tailor it for your buds)
- fresh minced garlic (optional, don’t like garlic? then don’t add.)
Place all in bowl of food processor. Blend until smooth, store in refrigerator.
- I use walnuts because they are rich in omega-3, antioxidents and are more affordable than pinenuts, but other nuts can be used.
- I buy walnuts and the sundried tomatoes at Costco – I find that these are 2 good buys at that store. There is no need to add more oil when using these .
- Use this pesto to add flavor to any meat, vegetable or grain dish that needs a little more pizazz.