Spaghetti squash is a healthy and delicious alternative to pasta or rice.
How Nutritious is Spaghetti Squash?
- low in calories (less than pasta or rice)
- relatively good source of fiber and nutrients including Vitamin C and manganese
How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Brush some olive oil on the flesh side and season with salt & pepper.
- Place flesh side down on baking sheet (line with parchment if you like)
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the squash is tender (check by inserting fork or wooden skewer into flesh)
- Allow to cool until you can handle, then scrape the strands with spoon or fork.
- To reheat before serving, toss the strands for a few minutes in a hot sauté pan with a little olive oil (you can season with herbs or sautéed onions or garlic if you like).
- Eat and enjoy!
Try it with shrimp curry, it’s good!