Ravigote Sauce adds a burst of flavor to poached or roasted fish and to grilled meats. It’s also easy and healthy (no dairy or cholesterol) emphasis on flavor, not calories.
Best if served the same day.
• 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
• 2 TB minced capers (or black olives or combo)
• 3-4 scallions, chopped (including green portion)
• 3-4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
• Large handful flat-leaf parsley, cleaned, stemmed and chopped
• 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
• 6 TB olive oil
• 3 TB lemon juice
• Place tomatoes, capers and scallions in bowl.
• Combine remaining ingredients (I use the emersion blender which works well but you can just whisk or shake in lidded jar.
• Pour sauce over tomato mixture, combine well, taste, adjust seasoning and let rest until ready to use.
Adds flavor to poached or roasted salmon or chicken breasts – and lots of other things too! Be creative (on frittatas or omelettes – yum!)