I’ll bet that no one guesses the secret ingredient in these brownies!
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips (dark chocolate is best)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup agave nectar or 1-1/2 cup date sugar or raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt the chocolate (can be done in microwave or over boiling water)
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the eggs and beans.
- Add sweetener, baking powder and chips and process until smooth.
- Pour into 9-inch non-stick pan or one lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Cool – Cut – Serve
These are easy and they healthier than the usual brownie, although they should still be considered a treat. Don’t expect a perfect cut on these, they are a bit crumbly but they are delicious and moist. I’ve never had anyone come close to guessing the secret ingredient!
Sugar Note: It’s important to limit your sugar intake no matter which sweetener you use!