Delicious with curry and easy to make. It can be done ahead of time – stores easily in refrigerator for up to one week.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar (I use turbinado, but refined white is fine too)
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in saucepan. Put on medium heat, when it begins to simmer, cover and cook until the mangoes are cooked and soft (20-30 minutes).
- Allow ingredients to cook, place in bowl of food processor and pulse until ingredients are desired consistency (it can be chunky or smoother – you decide).
- Cover well, store in refrigerator until ready to serve.