Lentil Walnut Pate
Lentil Walnut Pate: nutritious, economical, easy, good source of protein and delicious.Ingredients
• 1 cup dry lentils cooked until tender according to directions and well drained. I used red lentils but you can use brown or French.
• 3/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
• 1 roasted pepper (I used yellow pepper, in a jar, drain well and chop)
• 1 small to medium yellow onion, diced
• 1-2 TB mirin (optional, omit if not on hand)
• 2 TB soy sauce
• 2 TB dijon mustard
• salt & pepper to taste
• Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and pulse until you get desired consistency (some like it smoother, some like it crunchier – make it the way you like it!)
• No Cuisinart? Use potato masher – the consistency won’t be the same but the taste will be.
• Refrigerates for several days when well sealed.